Distinguish Yourself With New
Human Resources Credentials –
These online courses are designed to give human resource specialists new tools for successful performance on the job. The courses provide a solid foundation for managing HR challenges, supplies a current reference of HR practices and strengthens individual competencies. Utilizing the most current study materials of the Society for Human Resource Management's Human Resource Learning System, the courses also help prepare human resource professionals to take either the Professional in Human Resources (PHR) exam or the Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) exam toward certification by the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI).
Online Program Benefits
- Learn the most current industry literature, terminology and landmark court cases.
- Understand key risk management legislation and government regulations.
- Master best practices in aligning HRD with the organization’s strategic goals.
- Identify key objectives of the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA).
- Learn three critical ways to handle conflict.
- Understand and facilitate organizational change.
- Prepare for PHR and SPHR certification.
Mastering Organizational Effectiveness $1,980
In this comprehensive eight-week course, you’ll learn to balance operational and functional duties with the strategic goals of your employer. Mastering Organizational Effectiveness helps professionals leverage the connection between employees and business goals. You’ll benefit from online learning tools that provide valuable summaries by professors, critical tips for immediate use on the job and important learning aides such as case studies. This course begins with the mechanics of organizational change, then focuses on the competencies required to manage both people and processes.
Who Should Register?
While this course is designed for human resource professionals, others involved with hiring or managing employees will also benefit including: managers, executive assistants and those who want to advance their skills in the field of human resources.
What You’ll Study
- Managing in today’s changing business world
- Navigating through organizational change
- Determining organizational effectiveness
- Developing effective techniques to move ahead
The Consulting Process
- Contracting overview
- Effective contracting techniques
- Challenges with consulting
- Managing resistance
- Leading the implementation process
- Definition of effective customer service
- Understanding who your customers are
- Developing a customer focus
- Understanding various working styles
- Learning the key to successful quality groups
Communication and Influencing Skills
- Effective communication strategies
- Understanding various communication styles
- Developing effective listening skills
- Influencing strategies
- The Cohen-Bradford Model
- Advantages and disadvantages of conflicts
- Conflict management styles
- Three critical ways to handle conflict
Diversity in the Workplace
- Defining diversity
- EEO and affirmative action versus diversity
- Legal aspects of diversity
- Implementing a diversity action plan
Getting Things Done
- Project management
- Managing time and priorities
- Coping with stress
- Effective communication skills for getting things done
- Team definition and implementation strategies
- Defining team missions, roles and goals
- Effective learning styles
- Understanding team member contribution strategies